Sunday, February 27, 2011

they make a desert, and they call it peace

I really miss the desert.
Maybe it was my mother's love for Arizona that instilled in me a need to visit, but ever since my first trip to the southwest I have felt at home. Spending the last fall in Arizona was a dream; warm weather, open space and glowing orange light. I have a mind inclined towards claustrophobia and the desert, with all its space to roam feels peaceful and free.
 
The Pacific Northwest is my home. Oregon is in my blood and I really do love it. New York is exciting and active with the feeling of anonymity a luxury to me. But the desert is where I truly belong. I really think that in the end I will wind up in this dry, rocky land. 

1 comment:

Nicole Rogers said...

Hello Peach,

Sorry for the long comment, but I couldn't find an email :)

My name is Nicole, and I’m the manager of publisher partnerships for See Jane Fly (www.seejanefly.com) — an exclusive network of women’s local lifestyle and travel bloggers, who are committed to exploring new and different ways to approach travel – through pop culture, everyday life, design, food, and adventure.

The only platform of its kind focused on the female travel vertical, See Jane Fly is small, but with good reason. We take special care in selecting the “best of” travel and local lifestyle partners, who are recognized and trusted by audiences far and wide.

We’re big fans of The Traveling Peach, and we’re excited to connect with you. We’ve been focused on partnering with key sites as we “officially” form our blog network, and we’d love to get you on board.

Please feel free to email me with more questions.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Nicole

What we do:
See Jane Fly elevates the best travel content from a vibrant community of independent publishers and partners. Weekly, we create collections of city guides, travel inspirations, tips, and at home experiences that inspire our readers to explore new and different ways to travel – through everyday life and adventure.

We're looking for travel, local, and women's lifestyle blogs who are committed to exploring new and different ways to travel – through pop culture, food, everyday life, design, photography, you name it – to become part of the See Jane Fly Publisher Community!

Nicole Rogers
See Jane Fly, Inc.
Publisher Partnerships | Manager
www.seejanefly.com
Nicole@seejanefly.com